Oakland Cemetery

Oakland Cemetery in Atlanta

Established in 1850 in the quiet years before the Civil War, Oakland Cemetery soon became the final resting place for many Confederate soldiers. Originally six acres in what was once the outskirts of town, today Oakland Cemetery covers 48 acres in the shadow of downtown Atlanta.

“beautifully manicured and maintained with loving detail…a wonderful afternoon’s stroll…”

248 Oakland Avenue, SE, Atlanta, GA